Niraj Kachhadia - Resume
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Over 5 years experience as a Controls Engineer and Automation Engineer for systems integrators and industrial product manufacturers. Diverse experience with Control system design, Robotics system design, MES design and development, RFID-Based Material tracking and industrial automation programming (including robotics). Skilled in the ability to troubleshoot, debug, and support manufacturing machinery. Dedicated hands-on professional who excels in self-directed and team environments. Creative designer and developer who embraces the opportunity to work with a variety of projects and people.
M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, TX, USA GPA 3.5
B.S. Electrical Engineering (I & C), Nirma Institute of Technology, Gujarat University, India. GPA 3.6
VB.Net, VC++, VC#.Net, T-SQL, C, MS Office, MS Project
MATLAB, LABVIEW, AUTOCAD, VS.Net 2003/2005, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, RS-View, RS-Logix, WW Archestra Suite, Entivity Studio
AB PLC 5, SLC 500, Logix series, Modicon Quantum series, Automation Direct DL series, Siemens S7
Wonderware IAS, Intouch, InSQL, SCADAlarm, Device Integration, EIT (Engineer-In-Training)
Project Engineer (Software) (02/07/2005 – Present)
Kim Automation Inc, Austin, Texas
I am part of team responsible for integration of control systems for clients. My responsibilities are
• Design & Develop the Conveyor control systems for intelligent material handling utilizing AB PLC/HMI or Entivity Studio and Wonderware IAS / Intouch / INSQL.
• Design and Develop the Wonderware IAS based MES Applications.
• Prepare project documents including project justifications, budget analyses, calculations, plans, specifications, cost estimates, and schedules for assigned projects.
• The projects that I have worked on as a Lead Engineer are mentioned below:
>Developed a PLC Based Automated Packing and Shipping system for Dell Computers with an UPH of 3400 units using ALLEN BRADLEY ControlLogix PLC and RSVIEW ME.
>Designed and developed a Plant Wide MES and PTL (Pick-to-Light) system utilizing Wonderware Archestra suite with 20 custom HMIs which were developed using VB.Net and C#.Net, for Automated manufacturing and Shipping for Gateway Computers.
>Developed Intouch based HMI application for LCRA along with minor IAS programming
>Designed and Developed Batch Recipe Management SCADA package utilizing VB.Net 2005 and SQL Server 2005.
>Designed and developed an application for tracking the product, based on the barcode obtained through scanners, using VC++ and C#.Net 2003 and SQL server 2000.
>Minor PLC based projects with interaction with GE Cimplicity MES.
Graduate Research Associate (09/19/2002 – 05/09/2004)
Automation & Robotics Research Institute (ARRI), Ft. Worth, Texas
• Developed a 3 DOF Robotic arm for handling of hazardous chemicals utilizing National Instrument’s DAQ card NI PCI-6036E for communication and control of robot with and from computer workstation running program developed in Labview.
• Upgraded the Intelligent Material Handling System by replacing the original Adept and IBM robots by new CRS A460 and CRS A465 respectively The whole application is developed in Labview & Matlab. The main logic of software is developed using Petri net structure.
• Implemented PI, PID, and PD control strategies for a 3-link robotic arm for motion in a specified trajectory using Matlab.
Instrumentation & Control System Engineer (04/03/2002 – 07/25/2002)
Streamline Controls Pvt. Ltd., Ahmedabad, India
I was part of team responsible for integration of control systems for clients. My responsibilities were
• Design & Development of the control loops needed for optimum functioning of the plant
• Configure and program the PLC used for the application
• Select and calibrate the instrumentation required
• The projects that I have worked on are
>Developed a PLC Based Compressor Control system for a nitrogen compressor with an output pressure of 200 psi for ammonia plant using ALLEN BRADLEY micro logic 1000 series PLC using RSLogix. Also interfaced and simulated the control system in Labview 6/Lookout 4.
>Developed a Mobile Robotic platform/Car with proximity sensors and speed control. The machine was designed using micro-controller 16F877A from microchip.
Instrumentation & Control System Engineer (06/03/2001 – 03/17/2002)
Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd, Vadodara, India
Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd. is one of the largest fertilizers and petrochemicals manufacturing company in Asia. I have worked on Foxboro IA series DCS comprising of MMI/Work Stations , micro processor based control processors, gate way processors, Communication processors etc. connected on a nodebus network , and other systems / instruments like HIMA H51-H5, SIEMENS and ALLEN BRADLEY PLC5 and SLC500 series of PLC, Multiplexer systems, and Micro Processor based Controllers. My work included
• Maintenance & calibration of electronic transmitters, RTD's, thermocouples, speed sensors, all type of level & pressure sensors, all type of flow meters including but not limited to, vortex, magnetic, coriolis & thermal mass flow meters, and other electronic process equipment.
• Troubleshooting the problems in computer networks for PLC and DCS
• Worked on Burner Management System
• Worked on ABB Turbine systems & Bentley Nevada Vibration Monitoring System
• Worked on reciprocating and turbine engines, gas dehydration, measurement, environmental monitoring, compression, and support systems
• Calibration and troubleshooting the connection of Panametric Oxygen and flue gas analyzers in networks
• Calibration of the measuring instruments utilized in the plant.
• Maintenance & calibration of all types of Control valves & p/i & i/p converters, pneumatic controllers & instrumentation & pH meters.
Automation, Control Systems And PLC
• Developed a Motion Detector for Security system that Detects motion in the range of 3 to 4 meters. Used passive infrared sensor RE200B PIR and IC KC778B for implementation.
• Designed Analog and Digital Controller and Filter for implementation and solution for inverted pendulum problem using Matlab and Pspice.
Designed a PC Based Micro controller Programmer that programs the flash memory series micro controllers of Atmel (89C). Used Atmel 89C51 and 89C52 micro-controllers for achieving the results.The program in PC is made in C language and a 1000 line assembly language program is written in micro controller used in the project.
PLC and Automation, Distributed Control System (DCS), Process Instrumentation – I, II, Industrial Drives and Controls, Robotics, Optimal Control System, Nonlinear Control System, Intelligent Control Systems, Design of Digital Control Systems, Control System Design, Neural Networks, Instrumentation and Measurement, Embedded Micro-controllers, Analog and Digital Circuit design, Electronic Communications.
• ETA KAPPA NU, Electrical Engineering Honors Society
• Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
• Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation society (ISA) Student’s Section, Nirma Institute: Worked as the President of the Section for the year 2000-2001
• Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
• Rotaract Club of Nirma Institutes. Worked as the Joint Secretary of the Club for the year 2000-2001
References Available Upon Request